We have a SHEQ vision: ‘At The Linde Group, we do not want to harm people or the environment.’ This vision guides our actions in all issues relating to SHEQ and inspires us to make the right decisions, take the appropriate measures and behave in a responsible manner. It ensures that at Linde, people always come first.
Not harming the environment means more than just adhering to legal guidelines and internal corporate standards. It involves actively doing everything possible to mitigate any ecological damage resulting from our business activities. That is why Linde, as a company, is committed to reducing its carbon footprint by improving efficiency and using resources in a responsible manner.
Our “100% SHEQ” logo makes our commitment more tangible and helps take our SHEQ message to all our employees across the globe.
Click here to download our SHEQ policy.
The Linde Management Systems and Standards (LiMSS) is a global system for identifying core requirements and best practices in SHEQ with the ultimate aim of achieving world-class safety standards. LiMSS provides our employees with immediate, global access to information and expertise across The Linde Group and the elimination of duplicate tasks due to parallel systems at a regional and local level. LiMSS also promotes environmental protection, sustainability and process efficiency.
Certification – proven safety and environmental protection
The internal environmental and safety audits run by our SHEQ department comply with the main internationally recognised standards. Our Jurong Island site is certified to DIN that include OHSAS 18001, ISO 9001 and ISO14001 Environmental Management Standard. Our site has also received halal certification for the production of food-grade gases.
Participation in associations
We work closely with industrial associations and non-profit organisation to raise safety standards in the production, transport, storage and use of industrial gases.
We are a member of the Asia Industrial Gases Association, a non-profit organisation established with the objective of raising the standard of safety and environmental care across Asia in the use and handling of industrial gases.
- We are a member of the Chemical Council of Singapore Responsible Care programme.
- In 2010, achieved 3 million man-hours worked without a lost time injury
- Singapore Ministry of Manpower Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Performance Awards – Silver Award in 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008; Gold Award in 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- We have been awarded bizSAFE Partner status by the Workplace Safety & Health (WSH) Council of Singapore. As a bizSAFE partner, we are committed to motivate our vendors and contractors to improve their WSH performance by similarly embarking on the programme.
- Awarded Singapore Business Superbrands status 2010. Among the award criteria are corporate reputation and social responsibility.
- Awarded Health Promotion Board Bronze award for participating in and promoting healthy lifestyle activities among employees.